Lonnnnnnnnng time no see/post :o)
It seems like I start off every new blog with an apology now, because I just get so caught up being busy that these days, I rarely take the time to sit down and write full blogs. I blame twitter. Seriously. I've become addicted to tweeting instead of blogging... so instead of writing full articles/posts, I've become used to cramming my thoughts and expressions into 140 Characters or less. Somewhere in his office, My HighSchool English Teacher Mr. Oke is cringing in shame. Heheheh.
Anyway, I intend to blog a little more this 2nd half of the 2011 year. I figure what better way to kick start this by bringing back the "Random Thoughts" feature I used to do. These are all essentially little thoughts/topics I want to share, which may not be of any real significance to anyone, but you may find them entertaining. These may also end up as tweets on my Twitter Timeline (@BankyW) at some point.
* The Home to your boys WizKid, Skales, and I, as well as a few other people (Managers, PA's, Friends, etc) who would CLAIM they don't live here (*side eye*) has some serious issues to tackle. One of which is Caffeine Addiction. The Caffeine Dependency in my house is alarming. U name it, they drink it... like its going out of style. Coffee. Redbull and/or all energy Drinks. Cocacola/Pepsi/etc. They're so hooked on it, you'd think it was crack. Mind you, I don't drink coffee. I also only drink Coke/Redbull when I'm mixing it with Hennessy (but that's a different addiction story for another time). One evening, I sent for a few thousand Naira worth of coke and redbull. By Noon the next day, it was totally finished. And I didn't touch ONE can. I'm just saying.
* The other issue we have is that... how do I even start to say this... There's a rat that gets high off of Cooking Gas in our crib. I shit you not. We've done everything to kill/capture/paralyze this rat, but it's not working. And the only thing it seems to actually enjoy is eating a hole in the pipe that connects the gas cylinder to the stove and then just get high off the gas. At least 4 or 5 times we've had to replace this pipe; so much so now that we've started inserting the pipe inside a metal rod to keep the rat from having its way. Sooner or later, I vow that this rat will meet its demise. The last time I woke up to find the kitchen filled with gas fumes I just started randomly screaming "COME OUT AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN!!!!" with rat poison in my hands. We've tried rat gum, poison etc. At this point my only hope is that it one day dies from a drug overdose. I wish I was joking about this.
* One fun thing about the house is that we have pet monkeys. Technically, they don't really belong to us. We live in a very nice estate, but on the backside of the estate is a swampy/forest-type land where the monkeys live. So they take the liberty of walking on top of the fences/walls of all the houses without a care in the world. I guess they feel like they own the place. Anyway, the people in my house started occasionally feeding the main Monkey in charge (whom we named Emma, short for Emmanuel, after our cook). One night, Cook Emma hooked up Monkey Emma with some correct dinner before locking up and going home. The next morning, Monkey Emma showed up at the back of my house with SEVEN other monkeys of different shapes and sizes. Literally, their whole clan was there talking 'bout "aiyyo whats up with breakfast..". They still pop by every once in a while for food. I keep warning the house that one day they'll just decide to break into the house and take off with our fridge but nobody listens to me.
* I'm going to Miami with my partners in crime, Tunde & Kunle Demuren. This is our 2nd Annual, "TheHangOverMovie-aint-got-shit-on-Us-Vacation". Last Year was Las Vegas. This year, we'll be in Miami rocking from July 21st to July 25th, along with some other friends. I'm REALLY looking forward to this; been working really hard lately so I can't wait to let loose.
* I'm on a mission to find a city that rocks as hard as Lagos. When I sang "Ain't no Party like a Lagos Party", I was speaking the gospel truth. There's absolutely nothing like partying in Lagos Nigeria. It's Legendary. Ask around you'll find it's true. Vegas came close, but that's cuz of the crazy factor; we were partying with pornstars and Micheal jackson Impersonators... hard to top that. But Lagos is out of control. If you've never partied here, put it on your list before you get too old to keep up.
*Whatever happened to Hotmail?
*Whatever happened to AOL Instant Messenger?
* Thanks to everyone that has supported the WizKid project, and EME as a whole. We're very grateful. Wiz is blowing up so fast and I'm so proud of him and the work he put in; this is only the beginning. The album Launch in Lagos was a tremendous success so I gotta give it up to everyone that worked to pull it off. IF you still don't have his "Superstar" album, do yourself a favor and stop dulling. Stay tuned for our next Superstar-in-the-making "Skales". We're working on his record now so you'll see his new videos in a few weeks. And then you'll get new music from yours truly at some point in 2011; probably in the 4th quarter.
* While we're on the topic of music, I gotta let y'all know that I'm really feeling this Frank Ocean guy's songs. There's something incredibly soulful-yet-laidback-and-deep about what he does with his music and its great. Right now I have songs like Swim Good, Novacane, and Strawberry Swirl on repeat. Look him up if you haven't already. I strongly recommend it.
* My schedule is as insane as ever.. which is weird seeing as I haven't put out a new album in like 2 years. I leave for Joburg in 2 days to shoot a Video for the Samsung Theme Song, then back to Lagos for less than 24 hours, then off to NYC again, then Washington DC, then Miami, then NYC again. And all this is in the span of 11 days AND before our Empire World Order Tour starts. All I can say is, love y'all very much, thanks for the support and for believing in us. We'll continue to try our best to never let you down...
Till the Next Time I blog...
Peace, Love & Chicken Grease.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Hey... 9ice read 4 me, really interestin' piece. U knw d violent taketh it by force so u n ur homiez shld strategize n murder dat rat. Wat on earth is a rat doin in ur crib anyway? Duz it mean u guyz r nt keepin d house in order?
Nice and hilarious read...especially the one about the RAT and the monkeys too( what was said about animals learning fast?)
All the best with your work and the tour...i totally envy the latter for sure!
You probably feel lighter now that you got all that off your chest...
Can't wait to read about SA and Miami and all the other interesting stuff. Bless You
Lol, I found this a good read.
Big ups mehn, y'all keep doing your thing. Bless!
rats are every where joor, and yes u guys shud be careful bout em monkeys. (am afwaid of monkeys tho). and how long shud we still wait for anoda album banky. all the way *in samklef's voice* the blog is nice and interestingly funny somhow. nice1.
mr oke is forever proud of u mehn
Lmao @ d rat.I can't beileve there r men in that house and d rat is still alive .smh a whole mr capable cannot deal with a common rat lol.nice piece btw.pls ff back on twitter @spicychick05
Lovely read...easy and fresh!
I know how them strays-turn-pets seem to drive you outta your own house...definitely, sickening but fun, LOL.
Busy life, huh?...i'd love to wear your shoes, even if it means for a day or a coupla hours.
Have you ever thought 'bout giving back to society? Trust me! You'd make a huge impact on so many lives, you never know. Lemme know if you possibly want a soup-kitchen you could hook-up with anytime.
And huge CONGRATS on the Samsung deal...you earned.
and he blogs......
i should probably do thanksgiving on your behalf.
Miami sounds like fun
hopefully we get a blogpost outta that, *fingers crossed*
that rat is on some gangsta ish men,*rolling*
the picture of you shouting "come out and fight like a man" is stuck in my head, oh boy, LMFAO.
Heres hoping this time you would actually blog more :)
so eme is not coming to atlanta.
Wow. That's some interesting read. Broad mind, I'd say. Then, that may not be one of those common rats. Could be one of those bushrats that bite, goodluck with that one. The monkeys won't cart away your fridge. They'll just keep breaking ur windows, emptying the fridge and kitchen and leaving poop everythere. Totally envious of ur globetrotting. I wish that was me sha.
And oh, Frank Ocean should be paying you for free advert right now...am all over 4shared.com looking for his music!
Say, Banky, your publicist should work on getting you paid to say or do something, am starting to really listen to you...ahem (Though, i don't use an etisalat sim or use a samsung 'anything' yet, but, hey, am attentive!)
Looool at the rat 'come out and fight like a man'...u shld probably try rat poison. D only problem with that is u end up searching the whole house for it when the smell becomes unbearable.lol..
Always a good read. I'm gonna hold u to ur statement of blogging frequently this H2 2011
Peace, love & Chicken Grease.lol
This was really random and funny,I admire wizkid,i wish him all the best and skales too.
All the best bro! Keep the flag flying and God will be your strength!
You really wanna kill the rat? Then buy a cat! You'll thank me later.
Yo man,that was hillarious.The rat and monkey thing got me rolling.Anyways i enjoyed the blog and i think its on point!Keep us updated with your blogs...you know the adventure and all.salute amigo
Hahaha! Hilarious! Maybe u should try those gummy rat traps. Put em in a corner closest to d pipe. It works... Unless u av tried dat, then I av 2 say dat rat is bad-ass! Great blog.
Can you follow me on Twitter? @MSAMINAMEEN
I met you in Brooklyn back in 2006.
Pls, let Skales know that he is my newest, biggest crush. He is so cute!
Can you follow me on twitter? @MSAMINAMEEN.
would love to do a shoot of you and the crew when you're in NYC.
I met you in Brooklyn back in 2006. Much respect. God Bless.
@BankyW u'r hilarious.....has Monkey Emma & his crew broken in & left wif ur fridge yet? Please lemme know soon as they do,I've got a plan 'bout d mighty rat,well u'r on ur own*evil grin*...
Peace ℓ♥√ع & alcoholic pepper soup!!
I used to look forward to Sketches on Vanguard Newspaper wayback in Sec Sch, d author was very funny...I dunno what happened bt I guess he passed on.
Ur blog is on point funny, serious, and well structured. Keep it up!
I really enjoyed reading dis piece cos i've been bored for a while,i love every bit of it....av u eva tot abt writing a bestseller novel?we can co-author one....lol....if u're interested jst ff back @omoteniola....thumbs up 2 u guys...i av all d eme album in my house nd i can't wait 4 d next one....peace,love nd chicken grease,lmfao.
I like! Def hilarious..nice 1.watch out dem monkeys, heard animals are on a misson 2 tak ova d world..lol!..xoxos, heard animals are on a misson 2 tak ova d world..lol!..xoxo
You're on a mission... you should be on a mission to find ME!! *sigh* just find me and lets get married already! p.s there will be no RATS getting high on cooking gas :)..
Reply my post and lets get talking!..X
*Big sigh* Finally...I waited forever after BB rules.
This is nice...looking forward to more...
now i know why I've been crushing on you Mr. Wellington... you have a way with words. you can say the most senseless thing and still make me blush (I'm not saying your blog is senseless, i love it! and always look forward to reading new posts from you). i can relate with the rat in ur kitchen and i think the EME monkey's re cute! (saw the twitpic).
Anyway, wishing you a FAB holiday in Miami and a successful EME-World Order Tour.
Interesting piece, especially the rat episode *seriously?! gas pipes?!* LOOOL!!!
Hey! Number 10 had rats too but the cat called and the rest was history. I understand that the naija/lagos rats has got belly buttons so that might not apply to the number 10's species... Rats, monkeys and megastars? Maybe we should try some rap along this line!
lol just give the monkeys a room lol seems like they ain't going nowhere. As for the rat y'all need to dedicate a night of midnight prayer so it can die by morning lol... oh and as for the caffeine...Damn! but hey its better than drugs! :) good luck in all ur endeavors :)
lollllllll the funniest one ''come out and fight like a man'' hahhaah to a rat
Hahahaha!!! Banky has killed me with laughter. I love monkeys!b! We used to have one growing up (maay his soul R.I.P). They can be seriously comic and adorable. Tell Emma not to let his namesake in, or u might find the entire colony on your beds someday.
The part about throwing the rat a challenge (come out and fight like a man...) CLASSIC!!! Hahahahahaha!!! I luv ur posts, seriously.
You've got a sense of humor that defines your style of writing. Good job, Banky.
Hahahaha!!!! Gosh!!! I am literally in stitches from laughing. My colleagues must wonder what drug I took today *rme* hehehe
Monkeys are ubercool!! I used to have one growing up (May his soul R.I.P). Tell Cook Emma not to allow his namesake into the house by mistake, or one day you'd wake up and find the entire colony lounging and sipping some of your henessy mixed with coke.
The part where you issued the rat a challenge... #CLASSIC!!! Now I cannot get that image out of my head. Like sth straight out of the comedy channel. Hahahaha!!!!
On a more serious note, I respect your talents. As a writer, much respect boss! I have bookmarked your blog already and subscribed too. You blend a good sense of humor with "sass" to deliver sth worth reading. Good job, boss!!
P.S: Abeg, on my blog I asked a favor earlier but scrap that. Can I hide in your travel luggage to miami? I'll be a very Very good bad girl.
Yup Banky you are good with the pen just as much with the voice, No wonder you sing wonderfully well and make lots of sense, its good to read this blog again.
and for the Rat when you said it gets high I thought you'd seen it get high like after the (highying) it does some things.
I think what cracked me up the most was naming the monkey 'Emma' after the cook!!!!
good for you Banky! Work hard & play hard..
You'll enjoy Miami:) we did a few weeks ago. Avoid the real housewives of Miami while you're there..ha ha ha,
Just had to laugh my head off.dat wz coool. Thumbs up! All d best
this is really funny!great post!
In short you mean to say twitter is better than another way of spreading information.
una neva hear of gbogbo de rat! It works wonders LOL!
& LOL @ Chicken grease
Good day Banky. I would like to know when and how you started singing.
Interesting post. Thank you!
Why is it so hard for me to post a comment? Do u have a secret stalker blocker on the blog or what? *raised eyebrow* and I just finished convincing ma besties that I was over the "Banky W crush" and I discover you have a blog? No fair! Now, I have to go back to the drawing board and bring out all the regular stalker stuff, u know..the posters on ma wall and such..*sigh* ...ok, seriously, this made a good read, have fun, around the world in 80 days!
Nice and encouraging at least 4 me............knowing how you stared ,i envy you am not ashamed to say that sometimes i feel i have failed myself in my singing career cos i have read ur history over and over still yet i cant find answer 2 mine.best of luck bro just remember there is many out there who sees Ur deed and appreciate and wish they have Ur chance
Thanks for the lovely comment!!! I still can't believe you stopped by my blog! Love it!!! And you need to post more. We need, nah, scratch that - demand more!!! Less tweeting more blogging ;-) Hehehe!
nice...awesome write up.is your kitchen.Ever since we had tiles inmy house,the rats have vamoosed
Hello Mr Wellington...
I'm not sure if you remember me but we go way back...well, several years back. From memory it was MySpace...I'm from Sydney (Australia) :) Looks like you've moved back to Nigeria and doin' your thang! Well done :)
I still have two tracks you sent me way back and yea, I still love them.
Would love to stay in touch somehow...
Am happy for your success Banky!
I know how u feel about a rat in ur house. the one we had preferred to chew on our Nintendo Wii extension cords...fortunately,we killed the rat bastard.
P.S follow me on twitter @TheyCallMeMara.
P.P.S If u could "persuade ur followers to do the same, I would heavily appreciate it.
heyy ! pleaseeeeee check out my cover to one of my favorite songs of yours omoge you too much !http://youtu.be/3ILh2oJVoSc
But wait, how are you going to find the future Mrs. Wellington if you're travelling so much? I'll be praying for you!
Banky darling, still waiting for you to fulfil your promise of blogging a bit more this later half of the year.
It isn't easy, but it's harder on me. hehehe. I need to see posts!!!
But Banks, how do you expect to find the future Mrs. Wellington with all this travelling around? Or do you plan on taking her with you? Anyways God makes all things work together for those that love Him so I guess you don't have to worry about that! God bless you Banky,
How have you been? (Ok, I shouldn't have asked that because I follow you on twitter so I know you are fine :))
It's been ages since your last post, you totally abandoned us. That's so not fair. A total of 3 articles this year, haba that's not nice (I'm sure we have twitter to blame for this absence).
Please we need you back, your posts are important to us, it connects you to us (your fans and followers) and makes you very real to us.
Please come back... I know that you are busy and taking time out of your busy schedule to blog maybe a lot to ask but believe it or not we love you for it, it endears you to us.
You know what, I can even volunteer my time to type it out for you if u can find the time to record it and mail it to me (of cos it will be confidential and FOC...if u decide to DM me @chubydizzle and I'll send d email address). Don't laugh, I'm serious and yes we are that desperate for your return :).
Ok I'm going to stop here so I don't bore you any further but you need to consider it.
I hope that with this few points of mine I've been able to convince you and not confuse you that the bank statements are important to us and we want you back :D
BTW you don't have to post this comment oh! In fact I beg you not to post it. I just needed you to see and read it (I don't know how else to reach you and desperate times call for desperate measures abi?).
On a different note #lowkey is just too much, you really went all out and its fantastic.
I actually came here for sumfin more serious but i couldn't stop laughing all through the blog. I wish i could be a part of E.M.E records even though it might not be my time yet but atleast your songs are what got me where i am today and since then i've developed passion for songs i dnt know what they're called i've written so many of them and interceding on behalf of people like me that has no real contacts or hope to soar.I would really appreciate it for you to help us fufill our dreams.Adebukola. #lv u B.#mentor 07030925283 twitter @divviequin
sweeeeeeeeeeet banky..............awwww...........misd u loadzzzzzzzzzzzz
Post a Comment