Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April Fools Quickie

* Welcome to April. For the record it's 524am on April 1st... I couldn't sleep much tonight (again), so I figure why not spit out another random thoughts episode... since it's late and I'm not feeling too creative, we'll make this a quickie.

* It was my birthday on the 27th of march. I didn't plan to celebrate it per se... but it ended up being a lot of fun. Was originally supposed to be just dinner wit family and cousins but one thing led to another and before u knew it we had Club No. 10 rocking. Thanx to everyone that made the day special I appreciate u.

* Here's a quick run down of birthday presents I got: 4 cakes, one VERRRRY fly shirt with swaroski (spell?) crystals on it, 2 traditional outfits, 3 bottles of hennessey, 1 bottle of vodka, 2 cards, and a million facebook msgs/calls/texts.. I feel special.

* U know u might have a problem when more than one person gives u a bottle of alcohol as a birthday present without thinking twice :o)

* It's April fools day. Please refrain from making any startling announcements or facebook status changes until tomorrow. These include but are not limited to getting engaged, breaking up, getting married, pregnancy, death, random traveling, retirement, relocation and winning the lottery.
- Furthermore, a good April fools prank should be set up in advance. U gotta build up to it. Can't just call on the day and shout that ur pregnant/engaged/dying. U will get noooo sympathy from me. At least not until April 2nd.

* In no particular order, shout outs to Caliente, Swe Bar, and Club 10. Ain't no party like a Lagos Party.

* Since moving back to Nigeria last year, I've met quite a few celebrities/famous personalities. Usually this doesn't faze me. But two people that had me star struck were Richard Mofe Damijo and Jay Jay Okocha. I grew up watching them on tv... RMD was like our Denzel... and Jay Jay was our Maradonna (he's still got it too, watch last year's MTV Base Awards). So meeting them was HUGE for me, and I don't care if u think it's corny.

* Still haven't fallen asleep partly due to stress and partly due to not feeling well. I have this gaaaangster cough syrup that knocks u the f*** out, except I didn't take it last night when I should have and now it's already past 6am. If I take it now I probably won't be up before 1pm, which would mess up my schedule but if i don't take it i may not sleep at all which would make an unproductive day anyway, right? Soooo therefore, here's a toast to all you beautiful people out there as I sip on my sizzurp and pass out.

On that note...Goodnight world... Goodmorning Naija...

~ B.W.

20 comments:

mizchif said...

Happy BElated birthday!
Or as my naija ppl would say,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY in arrears!

MissBalance said...

Pele ... on not sleeping well. Had a stinker today in the form of a pop quiz.
And happy belated birthday!

1 + The One said...

First! :-)
Love you, love your blog...
....and happy birthday in arrears xxxx

Toluwa said...

RMD..hmmm! still d best actor to date after Olu Jacobs anyways...

Get some rest!

bumight said...

the creative things that come out of sleep deprived minds-

*Happy Birthday in arrears!

* a lot of alcohol there...do we get a slice of cake?

*acceptance, my dear, is the first step to healing, LOL

*WORD!

*I'm not usually star-struck, but i guess if i get to meet Wande Coal, id be star smitten, not the he's-performing-at-a-concert-and-i-see-him kinda meeting

more like the "bumight, meet wande, wande meet bumight" kinda meet, i might just faint. lol

bumight said...

shoot! did i past the "happy birthday in arrears" message. just to be sure HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ARREARS!!!!!!!!

ibiluv said...

sometimes people give alcohol as pressies cos they think you have it all............

i consider some people living legends...........

take care of urself dearie...health IS wealth!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Totally love ur blog... i'm like ur biggest fan a million miles away lol! I added u on fb and u dint add me back... now i always have to type ur name everytime i wanna know wats up wiv u. i told all the nigerians here abt u... they know banky w. now and they like him too. dude i'm a lil burnt that u dint add me sha... but its ok its u so u're forgiven.

SMSL said...

Happy belated bday!! You never said the name of your gangsta cough syrup?? wats it called so i can run to the nearest medplus!!!

Vera Ezimora said...

I guess we should be looking for the nearing opening in an Alcoholics Anonymous class? Hehe.

Happy birthday!

IRepCamer said...

Happy Belated Bday!!

Ashia...aka Pele...for the lack of sleep!!I guess you are very stressed huh...

Oh as for being star struck...you are among the top on my list of celebrities I want to meet!!I am such a groupie...lol

Love the blog,music....

I feel you on the april's fool "changes"..lol

Jayla. said...

Yes Banky, 3 bottles of henney & 1 Vodka? U might wanna find the nearest AA meeting in Gidi. Lol

Happy belated Birthday. Try to get some sleep young man

wienna said...

Happy b'day in arrears, boo. Hope you feel much better soon. Make sure you get plenty of bed rest & hot fluids.

The experiences of an achiever....... said...

liked the ending note...and you wonder why they give you alcohol???? lol!
feeling u on the RMD stuvs!! I'll MARRY RMD at the drop of a hat! lmao! seriously though, the man's a legend..
And I didn't forget..Happy Belated Birthday, I hope this year brings you many wonderful things...

Black Berry said...

who actually uses the word 'corny' in a sentence...

'corny' 'cheesy'- y do these things all have food origins

y do the foods start with c

i dont actually expect u to know these answers-im just being random as usual

xo

Confessions of a London gal said...

Happy belated Birthday!

Better late than never, no?

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

*Happy Belated Birthday
*Amen on the facebook pranks-everybody and they mama was suddenly pregnant or engaged or whatever
*I definately had the hugest crush on RMD growing up...

Anonymous said...

Its swarovski....
Your not Panic at the Disco or Pete wetz but i'm a huge fan (thot i was ur number 1 fan once but ive seen some more hardcore fans so i had to abdicate my crown... sigh)

Dara

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

How are you? your website is cool
look at at this crazy emo video:
http://tinyurl.com/9tqcum