Sunday, August 9, 2009

Strong Ting Teaser, Music Video Pleaserrrr... :o)~

So it's been over a month since my last blog... I've been locked up in the studio trying to put finishing touches on my new record "The W Experience". I'm kinda obsessive about making an album; I thought I was done with it a month or two ago, but then I decided it was missing some elements... so I've been back in the studio real hard... and it's coming together nicely... can't wait for everyone to hear it.

I promise I will return to blog-mode shortly; just need another week or two to wrap up the album and then we're home free. In the mean time, if u haven't already (shame on u!!!) please check out the trailer from my soon-to-be-released video for "Strong Ting"... I think you guys will really like the video. This is officially our attempt to enter the video-of-the-year-out-of-africa conversation :o)~

Banky W - Strong Ting Video Trailer... check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTJSoLvKfA4 (the vid refused to load on my blog so pls just copy and paste this youtube link in ur browser)

Rumor has it that the video may or may not debut in a private exclusive invite only screening in Lagos Nigeria on or about the 20th of August, after which it will be officially released world wide.

Lemme know what you think... also there are pictures from the set on http://www.facebook.com/BankyW

The video was shot in Pretoria South Africa and directed by Eban Oliver of Production Militia Studios, currently arguably the best director in Africa. The next video shoot will be in September for "Lagos Party". Stay tuned for more on that. "Strong Ting" video coming so soon like a one minute man :oP The W Experience is on the way.

Cheers
~ B.W.

18 comments:

Shadenonconform said...

That's great to hear. Keep up the good work. Definitely looking forward to the album.

By the way, your interview with Studio 54 was really good.

Roc said...

Checking it out as we speak..
G'luck with your future endeavors..

Miss Enigma said...

Good to know u're hard at work. No worries ur work will pay off.

Looking forward to the album dropping!

All the best Banks!

Monday's Child said...

i missed your blogging, was wondering wassup with you. Strong thing video looks interesting already, cant wait to see it, and lagos party, of course. When will your album be released? i've been holding my breath since i heard strong thing and lagos party.

...and dont just leave your blog readers out cold like that, we know you are busy working on the album of the year, but hey, try harder multi tasking.

Cheers!

Admin said...

i m your number one fan banky,i m putting this on my blog rightaway,trust me

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

good to know you want your album to be almost perfect!looking ffwd to it
but er..why do naija artsiste like shooting in SA...I dont mean to be mean o(lol) but i am curious...is there an advantage

ibiluv said...

i cant wait for the full vid..........

Young Grumbler said...

Nice nice...the pics look great, cant wait to see the video. Goodluck with everything!

bumight said...

I remember when i saw the tweet about the strong ting teaser, u said "full video coming soon"! how soon is soon?

I like that the teaser looks like the video's telling a story. cant wait for the full video.

Sisem E. Naidem said...

Just checked out the vid. Great work you're doing so far. Bet "The W Experience" is bound to be the "Wow" experience...

Couldn't see the FB pixes though because alas, my Friend Request was denied...

chubado said...

I love the old school feel of the video, i usually associate old romantic movies with love dats both wholesome and real, cant wait 4 d full video...

t said...

Love your professionalism. Breakthrough, man. Keep rockin.

Oh, the teaser, it's mouthwatering.

yes boss said...

Well spot on Banky as ALWAYS! Can't seem to add you on facebook. Why is that? anyone acre to add me can simply add; naijafabregas@yahoo.com. Facebook or twitter

Ola said...

Just watched the strong ting video and your studio 53 interview on bellanaija and they were both great! really like strong ting...u do know girls r going to start stalking bungalows just to meet yoyu right?:)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

kazey said...

Interesting. Ah well you survive pretty well in south east asia, where they eat rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

rebatan said...

best of luck